Sunday, August 14, 2011

Puss in Boots (2011): A First Look


Custom Search

The trailer for Puss in Boots the movie is out now. Although we can never be too sure if it'll be another shamelessly bad sequel to the Shrek franchise, these things can usually be predetermined by an educated analysis of the previews.

Let's take a look at DreamWorks' new official trailer.


Wow, where do I begin? First, allow me to list all of the factors that point this movie in a bad direction.

1. So far, an unoriginal plot (villains take hold of an ancient, mystical power and only one hero can stop them), check.

2. Spin-off of a well-established franchise, check.

3. Sassy, smart-aleck, female character that'll appeal to the teenage girl demographic, check.

4. Comic relief sidekick voiced by an actor that's popular with frat boys and hipsters (e.g. Jonah Hill, John C. Reilly, Michael Cera, Ricky Gervais, etc.), check.

5. Billy Bob Thornton, check. Because when I think of medieval Spain, I think of Billy Bob Thornton.

Yep, another soulless money-maker, a perfect addition to the Shrek franchise. Who wants to bet that this'll be in eye-popping 3-D? ... What am I saying!? Of course it will!

The three main characters of DreamWorks' latest action romp. From right to left: Puss in Boots, Humpty "Alexander" Dumpty, and ... "Kitty Softballs"?

Also, something else about that trailer bugs me, "Murderous outlaws have discovered an ancient power. With it, they can destroy the world."

I'm sorry, but what kind of dumb-ass villains would want to destroy the world? Where the hell are they going to live after they destroy it?

So yeah, anyway, you know where I'm placing my money on this. Puss in Boots will most likely be another CGI monstrosity by DreamWorks. Although, coming from a film studio that's notorious for unethical business practices with it's kids' movies, I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm calling it, the movie poster will feature Puss raising one eyebrow and idiots are going to think this film takes place in Mexico.


1 comment:

  1. I saw your page and for a second there, I thought you were just another crazy fool. When I read the content, I was motivated to follow you.

    I am interested in hearing more about your point of views. How would you create a cinematic experience or to what extent would you limit mediocricy in movies?

    However, my time is short due to art college and I only satisfied my necessity, by following you.

    Still, I want to hear more from you and your influences when you decided to create this page. I am but a rambling fool, but I feel like I have to study you carefully. By studying, I mean that I read the critic on the Powerpuff Girls and saw some of the Thai Commercials. Don't you have an autobiography or something?

    The reason: I'm creating a story based on a clown, but the subject of the story is missing some details. After hearing your version on Mario and the Whoopass Girls, I got this punch on how I can fix my story. I felt like I had to thank you, so thanks and no, don't take me like a f---ing stalker.

    ReplyDelete